Saturday, April 26, 2014

Rebuilding Together

On behalf of National Rebuilding Day, I spent my day building a healthier home with "Rebuilding Together" in Arlington, VA. The organization and friendliness of the group I teamed up with made this experience notable and well worth my time. Being able to meet and listen to the sincere appreciation from Sabra, the sweet lady's home we repaired was overall rewarding. She shared childhood stories with me and even showed me photos of her granddaughter who just happened to live in Portland, OR (my hometown!) and got married in our famous "voodoo doughnut" shop. While painting the outside window pane of her home, Sabra exclaimed, "no volunteer makes mistakes" when dedicating their time to make an impact in the world.


The Rebuilding Together Crew

 Meet Sabra!


2 comments:

  1. Hey Laura! Sounds like you're off to a good start. Thanks for sharing your journey :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A great start! I can't wait to see what all is in store for me these next 3 months.

      Delete