Sunday, July 13, 2014

Adopted

90 degrees, and a long day of hills- sweeping my way into Athens, Texas was such an accomplishment. Many riders started dropping like flies throughout the day. We called this wipe-out the "aPUKEalypse", which hit and hit hard. By the time we had reached the host, at least ten riders had their white faces hanging over the toilets. Scared to touch anything and everything, I washed my hands an overly healthy amount. Better germ safe than sick, right?

After dinner, we were split up into groups of 2-3, where we became adopted by lovely hosts. Ashley and I were sent off with the most amazing bike and build parent for the night, Linnea. Driving just 10 minutes away from the church we ate at, we arrived at her GORGEOUS 100 acre lot of land with a to die for white house and pool in the backyard. To top it all off, she had two friendly horses, and two playful dogs that won my heart. Adopt me forever, please? (Sorry mom & dad...hehe). 

                 Love at first sight

              Friends from the get-go

                  



    

No comments:

Post a Comment