Friday, June 13, 2014

Living a Dream

Our lovely hosts Beth and Cliff started our morning off right with sweet potato biscuits for breakfast. I just couldn't get enough that before I knew it, I had 3 more on my plate before I finished my first one. 

At lunch we stopped in a Dairy Queen. The manager graciously donated 32 smoothies to my really good looking group. When I walked outside, a man named Artis Almond curiously asked about our mission. After telling him our crazy adventures, he donated $40 to the affordable housing cause. This was the first stranger money donation I had received and it was AWESOME! 

Riding 2 miles down a gravel road to see an inviting lake was totally worth the risk of getting a flat tire, or even falling off my bike. In my bike shorts, I jumped straight into the water. Shortly after swimming a couple strokes in the water, I became paranoid alligators were hanging out down below my feet. Later into the evening, Ashley, Conner, and I spotted an alligator moseying his/her way down the beautiful lake. That marked the end of my swimming days in Elm Grove, LA.

My favorite part of the day was playing "Indiana Jones" while crazily driving the gator cart around their 150 acre yard. I had my passengers screaming around a few turns and I learned real quickly that I may not be the best person to be behind the wheel...lies, we all loved a crazy bumpy ride. 

Also, couldn't be more stoked about the bug bite I discovered on my right butt cheek (joking). 

Lastly, THANK YOU SALLY (our soon to be Dallas host) FOR THE GOODIES PACKAGE!!!!! Can't wait to meet you. I can already tell you're GRRRRREAT! 

            Making waves to the sun

              
                  My dream home


                    Gator hunters


1 comment:

  1. hi laura!!! your blog is great! you and your team and doing great work, and it's super inspiring. thank you! keep up the updates and i hope to see your smiling face sooner than later. xoxo jgy ps - can't wait to see your evolving sweet bike short tan lines ;)

    ReplyDelete