Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Getting Jiggy With It

Bike and Build update:
Tomorrow is the $500 fundraising deadline. Thanks to all my benevolent supporters, I have far exceeded that amount. To date, I have raised $4,285! Earlier today my fellow riders and I started documenting our training bike ride mileage to keep us all on track to reach our 500 mile goal before taking off on our adventure. Still finding my groove, I have completed 7/500 miles in one ride since I received my bike. One pedal at a time, I am determined to knock out these next 493 miles in the next three months before the real fun begins. I can do it, I can do it, I will do it!

Woke up feeling chipper for the first time since I've been battling this nasty cold, I finally was able to catch a breath of fresh air and not feel crummy while doing so. I strolled down my frequent route around Clarksville, but this time in a new style. Shuffling through the songs on my ipod, Will Smith's "Getting Jiggy With It" came on, and I started to jig. Luckily for the publics sake, very few cars passed by me as I un-ashamedly danced my way around. Dancing and singing, while tuning out the distractions around me was refreshing, exhilarating, and left my spirit feeling free. Zoning out in my own little world was just what the doctor ordered! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment