Saturday, February 15, 2014

The Love Tree

The feeling of accomplishment is such a comforting reward. This week I was able to attain two personal goals I set for myself. The first being a 20 mile bike ride around unfamiliar roads in Tennessee. Not having any clue where I am in this tiny town of Clarksville enables my mind to wander and heart to explore. Pedaling solo down roads I've never seen before can be dicey, but part of life is about taking blind risks to see what glorious place we'll end up at.

This morning, I ambitiously achieved my second goal. 21 degrees and snowing, I finished the Hot Chocolate 15K run in Nashville. I can officially cross Tennessee off my list of states to complete a race...2 states down, 48 more to go. Thrilled and to my surprise, I placed 136/1834 overall and 4/64 for my age group by running a consistent 8 minute mile pace. Hard work really does pay off and was the perfect justification for indulging the Ghardelli chocolate fondue after crossing the finish line.

For lunch, My sister and I strolled down 12th street in Nashville. This cute street reminded my of a street similar to NW 23rd in Portland. I was pleased to finally get a slight taste of home outside Oregon. Outside a popular coffeehouse called Frothy Monkey was a tree filled with love letters and attached was a welcoming note for strangers to pick one. I reached for a letter that read, "hello love" and inside were the handwritten words, "you are helpful, and you are loved, and you are forgiven, and you are not alone" -John Green. Such a sweet way to start my day, and a thoughtful gesture written by a stranger who I will most likely never know. Strange, yet wondrous how an unpredictable note that happened to strike my curiosity reminded me of the importance to love in this world.

LOVE ALWAYS xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment