Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Denver, CO.

Minus the bitterly cold weather that decided to follow me, Denver, Colorado has treated me well and has treated me right.

I've learned that being lost isn't always a bad thing, especially when time doesn't seem to matter and you're with people who you can laugh with when the wrong turn is made. About 45 minutes past our destination, my sister, cousin, and I praised the Lord for the directional savvy invention called the smartphone. This was the perfect place and time for the use of my love/hate relationship for technology. This little moment of being lost, and in a sense lost in the right direction taught me that I enjoy the process it takes to reach a goal and not just the goal in itself. Although we took the long way by accident, we still were able to enjoy ourselves and make it to the places we were meant to be. 

Golden, Co. was a beautiful little town. We stopped in a cute coffee cafe filled with first date couples and a comfy couch that fit my butt cheeks nicely. The hand painted artwork lining the walls near the ceiling were unique and created a warm-welcoming vibe. To top it all off, their drinks were right on point. 

I took a week away from the bike and bummed a ride (with no hands!) on the back of this generous fellow below. Unfortunately, we didn't get too far.

Coming from Oregon, I was very impressed with the Denver zoo. The animals appeared to be lively and comfortable in their cages with plenty of room to roam. My niece, Sundari and I loved the elephants!

I spent my final night cheering my favorite home team, The Portland Trailblazers to victory at the Pepsi Center. The blazers ate the nuggets right up, leaving me a happy fan which made for a phenomenal trip in the great city of Denver, CO! 


No comments:

Post a Comment