Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Under The Weather, But More Like Over It.

The sniffles hit hard and fast. Klenex and Riiiiiiiicola cough drops are the only things allowing oxygen to pass through my airways right now. I'm over this stormy winter weather that leaves my twinkle toes ice-cold each night, even underneath a pile of blankets.

White fluff on the ground didn't hinder my ride on my snazzy new bike. The slick black streets had me swerving down hills, but I'd take that over the chilly wind blowing straight into my face. After riding around for about an hour, my numb chin and Rudolph red nose had enough agony for one ride. Although I was miserable, I remind myself with "no pain there's no gain." Never am I satisfied ending a workout without a single muscle ache in my body. Exercise is my healthy impulse for self-discipline, and a boost of confidence enabling me to feel sane in this wacky unpredictable world.

Three days ago, I tightly squeezed my brother-in-law goodbye. Holding back tears from streaming down my cheeks, I watched him love my sister and nephew with one last kiss before he picked up his camouflage bags and walked away. I commend Nick, one of many brave soldiers who is courageously sacrificing his place of comfort, and placing his life at risk to defend our American dignity. Prayers, and high hopes his return home will be a remarkable moment worth celebrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment