Friday, January 3, 2014

Day Uno

Panhandlers put down your signs and find a child. Giggles, and an undeniably cute smile leaves Aunt Laura and baby Kyle two quarters richer. The southern hospitality of being friendly is real.

As for food, I got a real taste for uhm, butter. With the intent of eating "healthy," I ordered a plate of egg whites, yet I was surprised with a plate full of egg yellows. Yes, yellow. The two eggs scrambled were cooked in so much butter that the color white was unseen. Sorry all you Portland hippies, a piece of kale or even a smidgen of olive oil might kill a Tennessean soul.

If there is one thing I didn't forget at home, it's my game face. Five rounds of UNO and I managed to pull off only one win to be the ultimate loser by the end of the night. Game face=1, Game face + winning= 0. Lesson UNO learned: leave the game face behind and play it cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment