Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pop Goes The Tires

Pedal Pedal...
Who's creepin'?...
SWEEPER!...
Sweeper who!?...
SWEEPER to the rescue!

Riding as the caboose of the bike pack made for a long eventful day full of unfortunate events. Molly B and I were chosen to be sweeper for our first big ride (80 miles!). Shortly after leaving Palatka we encountered two groups with flat tires. Luckily, we flew in with capes and just the right tools to get our friends tires spiffy again...or so we thought. Throughout the entire ride we helped replace new tubes for riders 7 times. It was a rough ride for a few riders to say the least. 

Once we got to the host site fashionably late, we were treated with a Taco salad meal. I don't think I've ever eaten so much rice and beans in one sitting in my life. I was HANGRY, HANGRY, HANGRY! 

Tomorrow will be another long ride (70 miles), so I'll be saying a prayer we have better luck with our tires. 

No comments:

Post a Comment