Sunday, May 25, 2014

Talla-hilly

Welcome to Tallahassee- I mean Talla-HILLY. Yesterday, we biked from Perry to Tallahassee, FL. During the ride we tackled hills that seemed to last longer then a turkey baking on Thanksgiving...the best way to describe it. It was hot and painful cranking up, but rewarding to finally leave the bottom of the hill looking at my rear end. After that, all I could think about was smoothie king, sonic, Hardee's, and basically every other place that I could think to grub at.

Today, May 24th, we had our second build day. We worked with Good News Outreach. Being such lovely people, they provided us with breakfast, lunch, and dinner; a triple whammy! We couldn't that them enough for being so gracious and engaged in our mission to serve.

On the site, we used saws to cut the border of the homes and nailed fresh slabs of wood to prevent termite infestation and a more realistic design for the surrounding area. There I met the cutest little boy in a Spider-Man t-sort named Bubba. Bubba was a trooper and worked by my side to pick up wood slabs from the ground.

My favorite part of the day was toward the end when our leader, Maddy created our original "mulch Olympics". The intensity of the race to fill up a wheel barrow full of tree bark and dirt made the job seem to fly by quicker. My team came in se...Zzzz (out like a light bulb)


No comments:

Post a Comment