Saturday, May 17, 2014

Day 2: Build it!

Woke up at 6 a.m. to country music. Bike and Build already knows how to wake me up on the right side of the bed. Staying well hydrated in the hot Florida sun, I drank 7 bottles of water, which resulted in crystal clear urine...I think that alone calls for a celebration.

From 8-4 we helped build our first house with Habitat For Humanity Beaches in Jacksonville. My task assigned was to cock and paint the interior of the home. Tag teaming with Molly (another bike and builder) made the work go by quicker, especially when we started jamming to the tunes on my iPhone. Habitat For Humanity provided us with a delicious lunch of sandwiches, chips, and cookies. It's so great to see how many people support are mission and are first hand contributing to make this experience pleasant for every single one of us.

We ended our night leap frogging our way around the community center hosting us to go over safety rules. Lights are out and the guy next to me is snoring so loudly that the entire room just busted out into laughter...he had no idea. I think he might have eaten a monster. Oh, how I love finding humor in the little things.

        Elle and I getting ready to build!

                  House project #1

No comments:

Post a Comment